Pages

Thursday 22 March 2012

Harrods GlossyBox Special Edition

Well I eventually gave in and subscribed to Glossy Box :)i've read so many good reviews on other people's blogs that I thought it made sense to give it a try. Even though my postman left my glossy box outside my front door (which is right on the path) thankfully it wasn't stolen! I soon forgot how annoyed I was when I opened the packaging, I thought the Harrods box was very classy, all the items were wrapped in black tissue paper with green Harrods ribbon which was really cute.



The products that came in The Harrods/March Glossy box were:
Versace - Vanitas Versace Eau De Parfum
I absolutely loved this perfume it contains tiare flower, lime and freesia. The fragrance is really fresh without being overpowering and lasts all day, the bottle is a really good sample size and perfect for keeping in your handbag. This perfume get the thumbs up from me :) i've been wearing it everyday since I go the box on Saturday. This retails in Harrods at £48.00 for 30cl, which I think is the average price of a designer perfume.. I think this would last you a long time too as a little goes a long way with this perfume :)





Bliss - Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter
I have to say when I saw this packaging at first I was a little underwhelmed as it didn't shout out high end product to me. Well I soon shut up, after two days of using this i'd become hooked on this body butter, it smells devine and absorbs into your skin almost immediately.. amazing!! again proving 'never judge a book by its cover'. The sample was a really good size at 50 ml. The scent is really addictive, my friend said I smelt like summer (can't get better than that can you)? this body lotion retails at Harrods for £20.50 for 200 ml which is more expensive than I would normally spend but well worth it! It makes my skin so soft and glossy as soon as i've applied it. I think this is my favourite item in my glossy box this month :)



Revive - Intensite Creme Lustre SPF30
Well is by far the most luxurious sample in the glossy box this month, the creme is amazing! you can feel the quality as you get it out of the tub and even more so when you apply it. You apply this after you've cleansed, toned and moisturised and claims to reduce the apprearance of sagging skin. This creme left my skin very soft, but I think this is aimed at more mature/ageing skin.. I do use anti-ageing creams to keep wrinkles at bay.. but i'm not so sure my skin is at sagging stage yet! hehe :) This retails at Harrods for £235.00 which is well out of my price range, I would probably not buy this due to the fact I think there are so many mid-range creams that will do the same job just as well.. If you have the money to buy this though, it is a lovely cream.




Clarins - Extra Firming Body Cream
I really love Clarins products, in my mind you can't really go wrong with a bit of Clarins. The sample size was again really reasonable, the cream was lovely and thick and absorbed into the skin really quickly leaving it soft. This cream retails for £40.00 which is quite expensive, but you are paying for a quality body lotion. I will carry on using this product and keep you up to date of whether this cream firms my skin :)


Leighton Denny - High Performance Nail Colour (Honey Trap)
I'd never heard of Leighton Denny nail varnishes before.. but this is the reason why I subscribed to Glossybox, so I find new brands I didn't know about. The nail varnish sample was a really good size and will last me for ages, they kept the design of the bottle quite simple and chic. The colour was Honey Trap, which was a clay/grey colour with lilac hints. The nail varnish needs more than one layer as it chipped quite easily, however I applied a second layer and it's stayed on for 3 days now :) When applied thi nail varish literally dries in seconds, which is great if you super impatient like me (I usually smudge my nail polish due to not waiting long enough)this nail polish is also really glossy, I didn't apply a top coat as I don't think it's needed. I shall be purchasing different colours from this brand, £11.00 feels quite reasonable for the quality your getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment